Volunteering at The Green Chair Project
Volunteer jobs are varied and include light work to heavy moving. We are so grateful for all the help we have already received. It takes many hands and hearts to make The Green Chair Project work and we'd love to have you come join the fun! Thank you for your interest in volunteering at The Green Chair Project!
Volunteer Hours and Enrollment
Are you an individual interested in becoming one of our regular volunteers? Please click here to sign up for a Volunteer Information Session and learn more about how you can help!
- Sessions are offered the second Wednesday of most months from 2 - 2:45 pm.
Are you an individual interested in a short-term volunteer opportunity? To volunteer for one of our afternoon cleaning shifts, please click here to sign up for an opening.
- Opportunities are available Tuesday through Friday from 3 - 5 pm.
Are you an individual who needs to complete court-ordered Community Service hours? Please click here to review our requirements.
- The Green Chair Project must approve court-ordered, lawyer recommended, and/or school-disciplinary volunteers.
Are you a Community Group of 4 or more individuals seeking a volunteer opportunity? Please email us here to request a date.
- Opportunities are available Thursdays from 2 - 4 pm or 1st & 3rd Saturdays of most months from 10:30 am - 12:30 pm. Please note: you MUST receive an email from our Volunteer Coordinator confirming a date and time before coming to The Green Chair Project.
Are you a Corporate Group of 4 or more individuals seeking a team-building opportunity? Please click here for additional information about scheduling.
- Opportunities are available Wednesdays from 2 - 4 pm or Fridays from 10:30 am - 12:30 pm.
Volunteer Age Requirements
- Minors must be 13 years or older to volunteer and anyone below 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
- All adults must actively volunteer with the youths and closely supervise them throughout their visit.
- Groups with children under 18 must have a 1:5 adult to youth ratio.
- All minors (ages 13-17) must bring a copy of his/her Volunteer Minor Release Form signed by a parent/legal guardian on the first day of volunteering. We will keep this form on file for any shifts the minor may work in the future. We cannot accept release forms that have been altered or changed. Click here for a link to print the form.
If you require additional information or have questions about volunteering, please email here.