The Green Chair Project needs your furnishing donations to assist our neighbors in need! Help those transitioning from homelessness by de-cluttering and cleaning out spaces with items you no longer use. We are so grateful to our community for their generosity and willingness to part with furniture and household items to help others experience the comforts of home.
ESSENTIAL FURNISHINGS PICKUP SERVICE
We offer FREE FIRST FLOOR pickup service in Wake County for ESSENTIAL FURNISHINGS IN GOOD CONDITION. For a $50 PREPAID FEE (payable when you submit your pickup request form) we will schedule pickups that require stair/elevator access to an upper/lower level in a home, apartment complex, or high-rise building and pickups that require paid street parking/parallel parking. No third floor or above pickups requiring stair access, please.
Important! Our movers only pick up sofas, loveseats, dining/kitchen tables and chairs, dressers and upholstered chairs. The furniture MUST be in good condition without tears, pet or smoke odors, stains or structural damage. WE DO NOT ACCEPT SLEEPER SOFAS. If you meet criteria for donating ESSENTIAL FURNISHINGS, you may add Secondary Items and Household Accessories for pickup. For a list of these accepted items, please start your pickup request form below; the form will guide you to options for donating Secondary Items and Household Accessories. If you have an item that you believe is of exceptional value, such as a rug, artwork, a decorative item or a piece of furniture that is not on our acceptance list, please email us here to see if we can put it to good use!
**Due to space limitations in our truck, we cannot pick up items that have not been pre-approved. If you have multiple large items for pickup or are in need of a whole house furniture pickup, please email us here with photos and details about the contents of your pickup.
DONATE HOUSEHOLD GOODS
We welcome you to bring your donations to our location at 1853 Capital Blvd., Raleigh 27604.
Is your donation too large to bring to The Green Chair Project? If you have Essential Furnishings in GOOD CONDITION that you'd like to donate CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE YOUR ESSENTIAL FURNISHINGS PICKUP.
Want to help but can't make it to our site? Purchase Items Online - Items purchased from our Amazon Wishlist will be shipped directly to The Green Chair Project. View our Amazon Wishlist Here
Tuesday - Friday, 10am-5pm & the first & third Saturday of each month, 10am-1pm
- Please wash items like towels, sheets, comforters, etc. before donating.
- Please clean items that have been stored in attics or garages.
- Furnishings in good condition are preferred. We reserve the right to decline items that are stained, outdated, have holes or tears, are in disrepair, or have pet damage or smoke odors.
- Please contact us at (919)322-0474 for any donation questions.
Items we accept: (items in bold green are most urgently needed)
Accessories & Decor
• Accessories: Decorative accessories, mirrors, throw pillows, and wall art
• Christmas decorations (Ornaments and small decorative items accepted October through early December only. WE DO NOT ACCEPT CHRISTMAS TREES!)
• Table & floor lamps, light bulbs and extension cords
• Shower curtains, liners, and rings
• Towels, washcloths, bathmats
• Tissue box holders
• Dressers & nightstands
• New bed pillows (in original plastic)
• Sheets, blankets, pillowcases, comforters, dust ruffles, pillow shams, and mattress pads
• Coffee & side tables and occasional pieces
• Couches, love seats, and sectionals
• Dining tables & chairs (we cannot accept glass-top tables with chips or cracks)
• Recliners, side chairs, and ottomans
• Outdoor Furniture (please contact us before donating as we have limited need)
• Bookshelves (please contact us before donating as we have size restrictions)
• Brooms, Buckets, Mops
• Green Cleaning supplies (unopened)
• Indoor trash cans
• Paper towels, Toilet Paper
• Vacuum cleaners
• Storage Bins & Laundry Baskets
• Baking accessories, cookie sheets, muffin tins, pot holders, salt & pepper shakers, and silverware trays
• Cooking utensils, especially can openers, colanders, spatulas, large spoons & slotted spoons, measuring cups & spoons, vegetable peelers, and whisks
• Dishes, glassware and silverware
• Dish towels, dishcloths, tablecloths, place-mats and cloth napkins
• Pots & Pans: 12" large skillets, 4 qt and larger stock pots, dutch ovens
• Small Appliances such as microwaves, coffee makers, toasters, blenders, George Foreman grills, crock-pots, irons, etc. (must be in working condition)
Items we cannot accept:
- Appliances (washer/dryer, stove, built-in microwaves)
- Automotive equipment
- Baby items (cribs, high chairs, etc.)
- Bed frames
- Bed pillows (used)
- Christmas decorations (During the months of January through September, please direct your Christmas decorations to Dorcas Ministries located at 187 High House Road, Cary, NC 27511. Please check their website at https://dorcascary.org/ for details. WE DO NOT TAKE CHRISTMAS TREES.)
- Curio cabinets
- Curtain Rods
- Electric blankets
- Entertainment centers
- File cabinets
- Fireplace equipment
- Hard-wired light fixtures (chandeliers, wall sconces)
- Holiday decorations (During the months of January through September, please direct your holiday decorations to Dorcas Ministries located at 187 High House Road, Cary, NC 27511. Please check their website at https://dorcascary.org/ for details. WE DO NOT TAKE CHRISTMAS TREES.)
- Used Mattresses or box springs
- Medical equipment
- Mirrors without frames
- Musical instruments (including pianos)
- Office chairs
- Office desks (Large)
- Pet items
- Printers, fax machines, scanners, cameras, personal electronic devices
- Sewing machines
- Shelves (wall-mounted)
- Sleeping bags
- Sleeper sofas
- Space heaters
- Sports equipment
- TVs and Stereo equipment
- Water beds
- Window blinds/shades, curtain rods, drapery poles, rings and wall mounted valances
Please contact us at email@example.com before bringing in items that you think may be of unusual value or interest and we will let you know if we can accept it. Thank you!
PLEASE NOTE: Furnishing donations to The Green Chair Project may be used in any of the charitable programs of The Green Chair Project and, on a limited basis, may be made available for purchase by the public in order to raise funds to support the project. All monetary contributions and proceeds from the sale of items donated to The Green Chair Project are used to cover the costs of operations of The Green Chair Project.
Please donate furnishings that you would be proud to give to a neighbor--read our blog.