The Green Chair Project is open for volunteering on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10-5 and the first and third Saturday of each month 10-12.
Volunteer jobs are varied at this time and include very light work to very heavy moving. No matter your ability or interests, we'll find a volunteer task that fits you! We are so grateful for all the help we have already received. It takes so many hands and hearts to make The Green Chair Project work and we'd love to have you come join the fun. If you are trying to fulfill Mandated Community Service hours, please refer to our guidelines to understand eligibility limitations and procedural requirements.
Due to the nature of the work, minors must be 13 years or older to volunteer and those below 15 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times. For groups of youth, we ask that there be a 1:5 adult to youth ratio (1:1 for 13 and 14 yr olds) and that the adults closely supervise the youth throughout their volunteer visit.
If you would like to volunteer, please click here to sign up for shifts via the online tool, VolunteerSpot. Please see the age limit information and application form below.
** If possible, please print and fill out this Volunteer Application and Waiver form and bring the completed form with you when you come.**
We do require a signed release before you begin your shift and we cannot accept release forms that have been altered or changed. Minors must have their application form signed by their parent/guardian.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities:
Helping neighbors in need is what makes a neighborhood a great community! If you are interested in volunteering with us on a regular basis, here are some ways that we would highly value your assistance. Just let us know below how you'd like to help!
- Have a truck? There's always something to move and we could use your help!
- Want to spend some time at our place seeing what we do? There is always sorting, cleaning, and minor repairs to be done.
- Enjoy working with web sites and blogs? You could help with our site, blog and facebook updates.
- Would you like to volunteer from home? There are always phone calls to be made, spreadsheets to update, and emails to be sent.
- Help us grow! You can help spread the word about The Green Chair Project to your workplace, local businesses, civic groups, churches and schools.
- Have an idea of how you can contribute your unique talents? We welcome your ideas. Please let us know!
Click here to sign up through VolunteerSpot to view available volunteer shifts that you can then sign up for.
If you would like for The Green Chair Project to contact you to discuss group volunteering opportunities or to get information prior to signing up via VolunteerSpot, please fill out the following form.