The Green Chair Project needs your furnishing donations to assist our neighbors in need! Help those transitioning from experiencing homelessness by de-cluttering and cleaning out spaces with items you no longer use. We are so grateful to our community for their generosity and willingness to part with furniture and household items to help others experience the comforts of home.
We welcome you to bring your donations to our location,** 1853 Capital Blvd., Raleigh 27604
Tuesday - Friday, 10am-5pm & the first & third Saturday of each month, 10am-1pm
Items we accept:
(CLEAN and in GENTLY-USED condition, and, as much as possible, IN NEED OF NO REPAIR. Please note, we cannot accept items that smell of cigarette smoke.
++ Most urgently needed items are in bold green ++
• Bed frames and headboards (we cannot accept mattresses)
• Christmas decorations (accepted October through January)
• Green Cleaning supplies (unopened), paper towels, Swiffers, mops, brooms, buckets and indoor trash cans
• Coffee & side tables & occasional pieces
• Couches & loveseats (we cannot accept sleeper sofas, futons, upholstery in need of repair, with pet damage, signs of pests or other infestation)
• Dining tables & chairs (we cannot accept any glass-top tables with ANY chips or cracks)
• Home accessories: Wall art, mirrors, throw pillows, decorative accessories
• Kitchenware: pots, pans, cooking utensils (large spoons & slotted spoons), dishes, glasses, baking & serving pieces (especially sauce pans, skillets, can openers, vegetable peelers, whisks, cookie sheets, pot holders, measuring spoons and muffin tins), salt & pepper shakers, silverware trays, colanders.
• Linens: Sheets, blankets, pillowcases, and mattress pads in good condition (please wash prior to donating)
• Microwaves and small appliances like coffee makers, toasters, blenders, crock-pots, etc. in working condition
• New bed pillows (in original plastic)
• Recliners, side chairs, ottomans
• Shower curtains, rings and liners
• Storage bins
• Table & floor lamps (light bulbs and extension cords appreciated too)
• Towels, washcloths, tablecloths, place-mats and cloth napkins (please wash prior to donating)
• Vacuum cleaners
Items We CANNOT Accept:
• Baby items (cribs, high chairs, etc.)
• Used Bed pillows
• Curio cabinets
• Electric blankets
• Entertainment centers – large
• File cabinets
• Fireplace equipment
• Hard-wired light fixtures (chandeliers, wall sconces)
• Used mattresses or box springs
• Medical equipment
• Mirrors without frames
• Musical instruments (including pianos)
• Office desks – large
• Pet items
• Printers, fax machines, scanners, cameras, personal electronic devices
• Rugs larger than 8’x10’
• Sewing machines
• Shelves - wall-mounted
• Sleeping bags
• Sleeper sofas
• Space heaters
• Sports equipment
• Stereo equipment (including CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes)
• TVs - we are not accepting any TVs at this time
• Vacuums without filters
• Water beds
• Custom window blinds/shades/curtains, rods, rings
PLEASE NOTE: Furnishing donations to The Green Chair Project may be used in any of the charitable programs of The Green Chair Project and, on a limited basis, may be made available for purchase by the public in order to raise funds to support the project. All monetary contributions and proceeds from the sale of items donated to The Green Chair Project are used to cover the costs of operations of The Green Chair Project.
**Yes, we do provide moving assistance!
If you need moving assistance to get your items to The Green Chair Project and live within Raleigh City Limits, we will connect you with our local moving partners. These companies generously discount their moving fees which start around $50. We ask that you cover this discounted fee through a payment to The Green Chair Project. You will receive a receipt for your donated furnishings. Custom pickups can usually be scheduled within 10 business days. Please submit the form below ONLY if you would like the mover to contact you directly to discuss your specific needs.
Fill out the below form only if you want to be contacted regarding moving assistance.