There are often many items that go unused in our own house or our living circumstances may change. Those large or small items are the items that are needed within our own community. Thank you for taking the time to take those household items out that are stashed away in the back of a closet or cupboard. Your generosity benefits others in need.
We welcome you to bring your donations to our location at 1853 Capital Blvd., Raleigh 27604 on:
TUESDAY through FRIDAY from 10 AM to 5 PM & the FIRST and THIRD Saturday of each month from 10 AM to 1 PM.
We Accept the Following Items:
(CLEAN and in GENTLY-USED condition, and, as much as possible, IN NEED OF NO REPAIR.)
*Most urgently needed items are in bold green
• Bed frames and headboards (we cannot accept mattresses)
• Green Cleaning supplies (unopened), Swiffers, mops, brooms, buckets and indoor trash cans
• Coffee & side tables & occasional pieces
• Couches & loveseats (we cannot accept sleeper sofas, futons, upholstery in need of repair, with pet damage, signs of pests or other infestation)
• Dining tables & chairs (we cannot accept any glass-top tables with ANY chips or cracks)
• Home accessories: Wall art, mirrors, throw pillows, decorative accessories
• Kitchenware: pots, pans, cooking utensils (large spoons & slotted spoons), dishes, glasses, baking & serving pieces (especially sauce pans, skillets, can openers, vegetable peelers, whisks, cookie sheets, pot holders, measuring spoons and muffin tins), salt & pepper shakers, silverware trays, colanders.
• Linens: Sheets, blankets, pillowcases, and mattress pads in good condition (please wash prior to donating)
• Microwaves and small appliances like coffee makers, toasters, blenders, crock-pots, etc. in working condition
• Recliners, side chairs, ottomans
• Shower curtains, rings and liners
• Storage bins
• Table & floor lamps (light bulbs and extension cords appreciated too)
• Towels, washcloths, tablecloths, place-mats and cloth napkins (please wash prior to donating)
• TVs - we accept working LCD, Plasma & LED TVs.
• Vacuum cleaners
Items We CANNOT Accept:
• Baby items (cribs, high chairs, etc.)
• Used Bed pillows
• Curio cabinets
• Electric blankets
• Entertainment centers – large
• File cabinets
• Fireplace equipment
• Hard-wired light fixtures (chandeliers, wall sconces)
• Used mattresses or box springs
• Medical equipment
• Mirrors without frames
• Musical instruments (including pianos)
• Office desks – large
• Pet items
• Printers, fax machines, scanners, cameras, personal electronic devices
• Rugs larger than 8’x10’
• Sewing machines
• Shelves - wall-mounted
• Sleeping bags
• Sleeper sofas
• Space heaters
• Sports equipment
• Stereo equipment (including CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes)
• Old TVs (tube)
• Vacuums without filters
• Water beds
• Custom window blinds/shades/curtains, rods, rings
PLEASE NOTE: Furnishing donations to The Green Chair Project may be used in any of the charitable programs of The Green Chair Project and, on a limited basis, may be made available for purchase by the public in order to raise funds to support the project. All monetary contributions and proceeds from the sale of items donated to The Green Chair Project are used to cover the costs of operations of The Green Chair Project.
Where to donate:
Our location is 1853 Capital Blvd, Raleigh 27604 (formerly the Alfred Williams & Co. building), next door to the Salvation Army, which is located just South of Hodges Street and across Capital Blvd from Raleigh Flea Market Mall. The Green Chair Project is a stand alone building with our The Green Chair Project banner on the front of the building.
FROM DOWNTOWN RALEIGH: Travel north on US 1/Capital Blvd. Immediately after passing Fenton Street, move into the left hand lane. Just past the Raleigh Flea Market Mall sign and First Citizens Bank, turn into the median cut-through that is directly across from Henry's Muffler Shop. Turn left, crossing over the Southbound lanes of Capital Blvd, and go straight into our driveway and left into our parking lot. Our driveway entrance is right next to the Atlantic Center sign.
FROM NORTH RALEIGH (or the I-440/Capital Blvd interchange): Take Capital Blvd. South, just past the beltline exits, get into the right lane. The Green Chair Project is on the right hand side, just South of Hodges Street and Crabtree Blvd. Our driveway entrance is right next to the Atlantic Center sign.
If you need pick up or moving assistance:
If you need moving assistance to get your items to The Green Chair Project and live within Raleigh City Limits, we will connect you with our local moving partners. These companies generously discount their moving fees which start at $50. We ask that you make a donation to The Green Chair Project to cover this discounted fee and receive a receipt for your donation as well as your donated furnishings. Please submit the form below ONLY if you would like the mover to contact you directly to discuss your specific needs.
Fill out the below form only if you want to be contacted regarding moving assistance.