There are often many items that go unused in our own house or our living circumstances may change. Those large or small items are the items that are needed within our own community. Thank you for taking the time to take those household items out that are stashed away in the back of a closet or cupboard. Your generosity benefits others in need.
We welcome you to bring your donations to our location at 1853 Capital Blvd., Raleigh 27604 on:
TUESDAYS, WEDNESDAYS, AND THURSDAYS from 10 AM to 5 PM & the FIRST and THIRD Saturday of each month from 10 AM to 1 PM (check Calendar) & other days by appointment.
For more information and to view a list of items accepted, please visit our website.
We Accept the Following Items:
(CLEAN and in GENTLY-USED condition, and, as much as possible, IN NEED OF NO REPAIR. Most urgently needed items are in red)
- Bed frames and headboards (We can not accept mattresses)
- Couches, loveseats (We can not accept sleeper sofas, futons, upholstery in need of repair, with pet damage, signs of pests or other infestation)
- Recliners, side chairs, ottomans
- Dining Tables & Chairs
- Kitchenware: pots, pans, utensils, dishes, glasses, baking & serving pieces (especially sauce pans, skillets, can openers, vegetable peelers, whisks, cookie sheets, and muffin tins),
- Microwaves and small appliances like coffee makers, toaster, blenders, crock-pots, etc. in working condition
- Bookcases and plastic storage bins
- Side & coffee tables & occasional pieces
- Table & floor lamps (light bulbs and extension cords appreciated too.)
- Linens: Sheets, blankets, pillowcases, and mattress pads in good condition (please wash prior to donating)
- Towels, washcloths, Shower curtains, rings and liners, tablecloths, place-mats and cloth napkins (please wash prior to donating)
- Home accessories: Wall art, mirrors, throw pillows, decorative accessories
- Cleaning supplies, vacuum cleaners, swiffers, mops, brooms, buckets and indoor trash cans
- TVs - We accept working LCD, Plasma & LED TVs.
Items We CANNOT accept: Futons, sleeper sofas, bed pillows, mattresses or box springs, rugs larger than 10' x 12', large entertainment centers, CRT TVs (old-style tube TVs), computers, printers/fax/scanner, large appliances, toys, baby items (cribs, high chairs, etc.), space heaters, medical equipment, large office desks or large file cabinets, nor any items that are torn, stained, broken or otherwise damaged. If you have questions about what we accept, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A list of places that do accept these items can be found here on our Resources page.
PLEASE NOTE: Furnishing donations to The Green Chair Project may be used in any of the charitable programs of The Green Chair Project and, on a limited basis, may be made available for purchase by the public in order to raise funds to support the project. All monetary contributions and proceeds from the sale of items donated to The Green Chair Project are used to cover the costs of operations of The Green Chair Project.
Where to donate:
Our location is 1853 Capital Blvd, Raleigh 27604 (formerly the Alfred Williams & Co. building), which is located just South of Hodges Street and across Capital Blvd from Raleigh Flea Market Mall. The Green Chair Project is a standalone building with our The Green Chair Project banner on the front of the building.
FROM DOWNTOWN RALEIGH: Travel north on US 1/Capital Blvd. Immediately after passing Fenton Street, move into the left hand lane. Just past the Raleigh Flea Market Mall sign and First Citizens Bank, turn into the median cut-through that is directly across from Henry's Muffler Shop. Turn left, crossing over the Southbound lanes of Capital Blvd, and go straight into our driveway and left into our parking lot. Our driveway entrance is right next to the Atlantic Center sign.
FROM NORTH RALEIGH (or the I-440/Capital Blvd interchange): Take Capital Blvd. South, just past the beltline exits, get into the right lane. The Green Chair Project is on the right hand side, just South of Hodges Street and Crabtree Blvd. Our driveway entrance is right next to the Atlantic Center sign.
Donation drop-off hours:
We are volunteer-driven with limited operating hours. Our regular drop-off hours are every Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 am - 5 pm, and the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month from 10 am - 1 pm. We may be able to accept your donations by appointment on other days so please contact us if needed. Please see our calendar to double check donation times and limit your donation drop offs to these hours, as we don't want to miss you!
If you need pick up or moving assistance:
If you do need moving assistance to get your items to The Green Chair Project, we will connect you with our local moving partners. These companies generously discount their moving fees which start at $50 on up depending on your location. We ask that you make a donation to The Green Chair Project to cover this discounted fee and receive a receipt for your donation as well as your donated furnishings. Please submit the form below ONLY if you would like the mover to contact you directly to discuss your specific needs.
Fill out the below form only if you want to be contacted regarding moving assistance....