Did you see The Green Chair Project in the News?
Thank you to Triangle Downtowner Magazine for featuring us on the cover of Issue 129 and donating ad space to promote our 2017 Chairity Benefit. Read the full issue here!
Midtown Magazine recognized Jackie Craig, Co-founder and Executive Director as one of their Women of Impact in their March/April 2017 Issue.
Thank you to Triangle REAL Producers Magazine for featuring us in their December 2016 issue!
Walter Magazine continues to share The Green Chair Story. The article in the June/July 2016 issue highlights our 1,000th client served, Antoinette, and the generous local designers who re-designed chairs for our 2016 Chair-ity Auction. Read the full story.
Thank you, WRAL, for sharing The Green Chair! Watch Bill Leslie visit The Green Chair here:
And their segment on the Sweeter Dreams Program here:
Thank you to UNC TV for helping to share our story on North Carolina Now! View the video below (we're about 6 minutes in!)
Our Co-Founder and Executive Director, Jackie Craig, was honored at Walter Magazine's Women Inspiring Innovation event in September 2015. This event honored the achievements of six local women who have turned ideas into reality and changed our world in the process. Read more about Jackie and the other honorees.
The Green Chair Project was in the May episode of
Walter Magazine is helping to share The Green Chair Story. Read the write-up here.
TGCP was on WRAL! Read the article and watch Jackie's interview here.
The Green Chair Project was featured in Philanthropy North Carolina and the Triangle Business Journal.
Read the article here.
Photo credits: Triangle Business Journal
Beth Smoot was an Honorable Mention for this year's Good Neighbor Awards! She won $2,500 from the National Association of Realtors for The Green Chair Project. Thanks, Beth!
Read the article here.
Check out the N&O's Tarheel of the Week! Thanks, Jackie, for your service, vision and commitment!
LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD NEWS
On July 20, 2013, The Green Chair Project hosted a Love Your Neighborhood donation drive in partnership with the Red Cross & Catholic Charities. This donation drive focused on collecting items for Orange County residents that were impacted by recent flooding. Please visit the following links for recent news about this donation drive and the community impact.
- July 20, 2013 : News & Observer article on "Charities' Collaboration aids Orange County flood victims".
- July 20, 2013: News14 coverage on donation drive.
- July 20, 2013: ABC11 coverage on Love Your Neighborhood donation drive.
- July 12, 2013 : WNCN coverage on Orange County flooding with feature on Heidi Martinez and her family that lost their home and is being helped by The Green Chair Project with assistance from the Red Cross and Catholic Chairities.
- July 12, 2013 : WRAL coverage on Chapel Hill flooding.
Other Past News:
- Click here to see the story in 919 Magazine on The Green Chair Project.
- February 17, 2011 : WRAL coverage on The Green Chair Project and its mission.
- Click here for the follow-up story
- Click here for the Raleigh News and Observer article
- Click here to see the WRAL story about how The Green Chair helped a family of 14 refurnish their home
- Click here to view tornado victims stories and gratitude to the community through their support to the Green Chair Project
- ComeUnityNow festival, which raised money for The Green Chair Project, was a great success. See the stories at WTVD News 11, WRAL, and NBC 17
- Check out Liza Roberts' "Unsung Heroes" article in Metro magazine about The Green Chair - here!
- The Green Chair Project helped families affected by the tornado and WRAL was there for a one of the shopping experiences. See the WRAL story here.
- Here's a great story on The Green Chair's Rebuild Raleigh event. Thanks to ABC11 News and Caitlin Coyner!
- ABC11 News also did another piece letting folks know about the wonderful Harris Teeter donations and the Rebuild Raleigh Donation event.
- See inside The Green Chair Project in this great blog post by one of The Green Chair's organizing board members, Carole Marcotte. Her design talents help showcase our furniture and help make every piece look special!
- WRAL visited The Green Chair's Open House and filmed this piece (to see the video, scroll down and click on the arrow on our logo): Raleigh Non-Profit Provides Furnishings to those in need