Advanced tickets sales have closed. You may buy a ticket at the door
for $20 to attend the Spring Sale "Preview Party" tonight!
What is the Green Chair Project?
The Green Chair Project, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, was created to provide the Raleigh community with a meaningful way to reuse & recycle their gently-used household furnishings directly into the hands of those in need, filling homes that would otherwise be without, while at the same time reducing waste in our landfills.
Referrals from other local non-profit agencies help identify recovering people transitioning to new living situations, who may benefit from a hand-up to establishing new lives in a welcoming home. Referred families make a small investment through which they are able to fully furnish their homes.
Some interesting facts that demonstrate the needs that The Green Project help address:
- Nearly 80,000 residents (8.8%) of Wake County are living at or below the poverty level, unable to purchase even basic items for their homes.
- According to the EPA, furniture accounts for over 9 million tons of waste in our landfills.
The Green Chair Project needs you!
We count on you to help us spread the word to your friends and families, so they will know we are here when they are ready to redecorate, downsize, or upgrade their furnishings. Thanks for passing the word all around Raleigh and Wake County!
How Can You Help?
2) Join The Green Chair Volunteer Team...The Green Chair is a volunteer-driven operation, so we rely on volunteers in all areas. Contact us for additional information or about further volunteering opportunities. Check out the volunteer button for opportunities or send us a note with your interests to email@example.com.
3) Make a Financial Contribution...Whether you make a one time contribution or you can help as a monthly sustainer, your financial support is critical! All contributions are tax deductible and make it possible for The Green Chair to continue offering quality affordable furnishing options to individuals and families taking positive steps to transition to self-sufficiency, offering them a hand-up rather than a hand-out. Click here to make a contribution.
4) Become a Corporate Sponsor...The Green Chair Project welcomes corporate sponsors which share its mission of encouraging reuse and renewal. They, along with regular monthly contributions, help underwrite ongoing overhead costs and allow us to better forecast our future growth and expand our ability to serve more agencies. Please contact us for additional information about sponsorship or sustaining opportunities.
5) Tell Your Friends and Family About The Green Chair Project...
VISIT US! 1853 Capital Blvd., Raleigh 27604
QUESTIONS? GIVE US A CALL @ (919) 322-0474